How to generate HAR in Google Chrome
Modified on: Tue, 7 Apr, 2020 at 8:44 AM
- Start by opening Google Chrome. If you do not have Google Chrome and you are free to install additional programs, please download Google Chrome and install it.
- In Chrome, go to the page within our application where you are experiencing trouble
- Select the Chrome menu (⋮) at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools.
- The Developer Tools will open as a docked panel at the side or bottom of Chrome. Click on the Network tab
- Select the option Preserve log
- The recording should autostart and you will see a red circle at the top left of the Network tab. If not, click the black circle, to start recording activity in your browser.
- Refresh the web page you are on. The goal is to reproduce the problem you've been experiencing while Google Chrome is recording activity.
- Once you've encountered the problem successfully while recording, right-click within the Network tab and click Save as HAR with Content to save a copy of the activity that you recorded.
- Save the HAR file somewhere convenient.
- You're done! Please attach the HAR file to your email or case with us so that we can assist further.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.